Lightroom 5.2 is now available as a Release Candidate on Adobe Labs.The ‘release candidate’ label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers. The final release of Lightroom 5.2 may have additional corrections or camera support.
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate
The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 5 have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 5 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:
* Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
* Pressing the “Reset” button while holding down the Shift key caused Lightroom to exit abruptly.
* Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
* Incorrect photo was selected when trying to select a photo in segmented grid in Publish Services.
* The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
* Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
* Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.2 Release Candidate
* Canon EOS 70D
* Casio Exilim EX-ZR800
* Fujifilm FinePix HS22EXR
* Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR
* Fujifilm FinePix S205EXR
* Fujifilm FinePix F805EXR
* Fujifilm X-M1
* Phase One IQ260
* Sony DSC-RX1R
* Sony DSC-RX100 II