Unreal Engine 4.6 arrives with a slew of lighting and material improvements, support for capturing and playing back network demos, and huge updates to animation workflows, including root motion blending and multi-montage support! The new Mobile Preview rendering mode lets you edit your scene just as it would appear on a mobile device. UI creation with Unreal Motion Graphics has been greatly enhanced, and you can now place interactive UI widgets right into 3D scenes. We’ve also continued improvements to mobile and console platforms in 4.6, along with hundreds of other features and bug fixes.
- ContentExamples Media map movie no longer renders black.
- ContentExamples Media map no longer shows the UDK splash screen.
- ContentExamples Media map is no longer missing source video.
- XBox One now boots from Visual Studio correctly.
- Fixed an error that caused material If nodes to break.
- Fixed a bug that was causing new and converted non-ascii text projects to crash.
- Corrected a bug that prevented composite decorators from being opened in Behavior Trees.
- Event Nodes can now be called for Event Dispatchers.
- Fixed an error that prevented the creation of new events in the AnimBP Eventgraph for new Anim Notifies.
- Corrected Static Lighting on InstancedStaticMeshes.
- Corrected the adb path and device serial number for Android packaged install batch files
- Fixed an error that caused crashes on Android when Touch events were called too early.
- Fixed a bug in pathfinding when default querying extent was not large enough on the Z axis.
- InstancedStaticMesh now renders correctly on mobile devices.
- Corrected a bug with animation retargeting adversely affecting looping animations.