Designed for students with a basic understanding of DaVinci Resolve, Creative Looks in DaVinci Resolve eschews a paint-by-numbers approach, instead providing an informal exploration of how to customize the types of looks frequently asked for by clients to create grades that are unique and dramatic. Alexis Van Hurkman walks you through a wide variety of techniques he uses as a professional colorist to create stylized visual treatments with an emphasis on the colorist’s creative process, rather than detailed technical instruction.
Alexis will teach you how to approach each stylization in a variety of ways, unlocking the flexibility of the DaVinci Resolve toolset to quickly customize an image’s look beyond what’s possible by simply applying image presets. You’ll see different methods of evaluating how to apply a given look to a scene, as well as how to combine techniques to create a style that is completely your own.
Learn how to:
- Apply different color washes to specific regions of image tonality
- Create variations on undertone and bleach bypass looks
- Emulate and customize cross-processing effects
- Preserve skin tones within extreme stylizations
- Enhance your look with subtle glow and bloom effects
- Constructing monochrome looks suited to specific color channel combinations