iClone 6 is real-time 3D animation for digital actors, virtual environments, visual effects with drag & drop editing, powerful physics and easy plug-in compatibility, designed for creativity in storytelling and broadcast production, education & previzualization. Professionals and beginners can take advantage of tons of pre-made content and smart interactivity between actors and environment that make animation fun and intuitive. Easily create & customize, direct actors, props, scenes, vehicles, lighting, cameras and dynamic material channel settings, all with stunning ultra-realistic rendering.
- Director-oriented layout: Actor, Prop, Scene, Animation, SFX.
- Intuitive dockable UI with various workspace adjustments.
- Scenes are built with drag-n-drop with convenient in-screen editing.
- Optimized Content Manager with quick search, content pack view, folder creation, and online inventory.
- Timeline enhancements with dope sheet, multi-track editing, and zoom view.
- Brand new one-mesh, morph-based G6 characters with enhanced facial details and textures.
- Collision shape editing for interacting with physics enabled objects.
- Multiple character styles for human and non-human types.
- Outfit switching with verstile styles for outfits, hair, and accessories.
- Photo-to-3D actor creation.
- Facial animation with advanced puppeteering, auto lip-syncing, and motion key editing.
- HumanIK body animation control and motion layer editing.
- Instant performances with Persona characteristics (personality & emotion).
- With Look-at camera and path motion constraints.
- House and Interior elements for detailed scene setups.
- Natural world system: Terrain, sky, water, grass and tree.
- Sky Tool: Interactive sun, moon, sky and cloud generator.
- New SpeedTree technology with natural wind and visual improvements.
Camera & Light
- A free-to-drag & duplicate light prop system with dimmer and flash control.
- Multiple camera systems with live switch and mini viewport.
- Camera lens options with DOF range settings.
- Advanced soft shadow effects.
- Real-time Surface Smoothing resulting in detailed surface appearances for low-poly objects.
- Toon Shader and key-able Post Effects.
- HDR, IBL, and AO for enhanced atmospheres.
- Real-time particle emitter controls for smoke, fire, and explosion effects.
- Multi-texture channel for realistic visual appearances.
- 3D-to-video composition effects by feeding in video textures into selected channels.
- Dynamically change material looks or animate building materials.
- Compatible with hundreds of Substance material libraries.
- Add real-time geometry details to any model by using the new Tessellation technology.
- Easily define smooth cloth transitions with grayscale maps.
- Apply natural wind behaviors to skirts and hair.
- Design sophisticated physics structure with the Visual Constraint tools.
- Add Rotational and Directional Forces to physically animate objects.
Render & Output
- Quickly switch real-time render modes for optimal visual and editing performance.
- Export Image Sequences with Alpha Channels for video composition.
- Supports major image and video formats up to 4K (Super HD).
- Super Sampling output for flicker-free visual quality.
- Ultra-realistic rendering with the Indigo Ray-tracing Plug-in.
Release notesv6.02 (6.02.1409.1) released 10th February-15
Added iClone DirectX 9 Version for earlier graphic cards.
Added Graphic Mode Selection for DirectX 9/DirectX 11 switching.
Added Installation & Performance Guide while first launch iClone.
Fixed: Non-standard character with spring settings, exporting & reloading Motionplus causes possible crash.
Fixed: Remove Motion in Timeline sometimes changes the original motion.
Fixed: Value change not updated in Physics & Particle Settings unless Enter is pressed.
Fixed: Export Range not updated correctly when Total Frame value from Project Settings is changed.
Fixed: Cursor not updated correctly while picking a Target in Physics Constraints.
Fixed: The Finger Mirror function is disabled in Avatar Proportion while loading a non-standard character after loading a standard one.
Fixed: The Hide camera shows while pressing undo and project playing.
Fixed: Copy function failed while holding Ctrl key and dragging a motion clip in the Timeline.
Fixed: Replacing a standard character causes a possible crash once an object is linked to a non-standard character.
Fixed: Possible crash while G6 character has replaced a G5 character and user double-clicks on the Timeline.
Fixed: Timeline Switcher track doesn't update once cameras are renamed.
Fixed: Delete Frame in Timeline is sometimes disabled.
Fixed: Breaking clips while they are overlapped caused a crash.
Fixed: The Right/Left Arrow key for moving the playhead doesn't work when Timeline is open.
Fixed: Character motion removed unexpectedly when using Create Face, Facial Features, and Collision Shape tools.
Fixed: The Look at function sometimes fails to Set Free.
Fixed: Drag a material from the library to Speedtree causes a possible crash.
Fixed: Slider Constraint rotate value set to -X causes possible crash.
Fixed: Recurrent crash while using the Undo/Redo behavior on a Soft Cloth object.
Fixed: Glare Type of HDR, Vertical Flare and Horizontal Flare was converse.
Fixed: The Spring and Physics effect exhibit shaking when exporting to Indigo in certain conditions.
Fixed: Exporting IGQ from the Indigo plug-in causes a crash in some Windows 8.1 environments.
Fixed: Frame size not synced between Indigo and Current Project Settings, while the export format switches from video to Image Sequence.
Fixed: Hard to select lower eyelid in facial features under Large Font size mode.
Fixed: In iClone traditional transform gizmo mode, mouse scroll behavior is incorrectly.
Fixed: Holding the CTRL key while rotating/scaling an object didn't duplicate correctly.
Fixed: Anisotropic Filtering in the Preference settings not remembered.
Fixed: Tone Mapping for Indigo Render Settings, default value changed to unchecked.
Fixed: Resizing the Infinite Plane caused program to crash.
Fixed: Some of the content downloads showed Network error (error code 202).
Fixed: Frame rate disabled unexpectedly while rendering AVI .
G6 Character: Enhanced the skin quality for Indigo rendering.
Default Project: Default.iProject enhanced shape smoothing on some objects for Indigo rendering.
3D Blocks (Substance): Enhanced the texture quality.