Altair SimSolid 2019.4.0.59
Altair SimSolid 2019.4.0.59 | 402.7 mb
The Atair product team is pleased to announce the availability ofSimSolid 2019.4.0. This release include new linear load case superposition, new import force and import remote force from CSV file function, new result datumsets, new partial dynamic response and more.
Highlights of this release include new linear load case superposition, new import force and import remote force from CSV file function, new result datumsets and new partial dynamic response. New results include dynamic reaction forces, strain energy densityand RMS von mises stress in Random response. In addition, both solution settings and connection/contact workflows have been refactored to make them more intuitive and efficient.
Load case superposition - Linear load case superposition is now supported for structural and thermal analyses. Superpositionwork benches may be createdafter one or more structural or thermalanalysis has beencreated and solved. Load cases can be combined and optionally scaled by a constant value.
Load import from CSV file - Forces from an external comma separated values (CSV) filecan now be imported and applied. Two methods are provided: forces applied directly to faces and remote loads (both forcesand moments) applied to faces or spots. Forces and locations are specified in the global coordinate system. Multiple load cases can be specified in each CSV filealthough only one may be selected at a time.
Partial dynamic response - All dynamic time and frequency XY Descriptions can now be filtered using a subset of the total analysis modes.
Dynamic reaction forces - Are now available in all dynamic analysis workflows.Can now display an XY graph of componentor resultant force/moment at both supports and part connections. Partial dynamic response is available to query the results.
New Adapt for stiffness and Adapt for stress solution settings -The solution settings dialog has been refactored to make it easier to understand for new or occasional users. Two new high-level adaption objectivesare now provided that specifies the overall speed vs. accuracy preference.Adapt for stiffnessis used for general load path prediction and modes.It performs 3 adaptive solution passes.Adapt for stressis used when refined stress prediction is required. It performs 4 adaptive solution passes and includes special logic for stress gradients at small local features or in thin curvedparts. In most cases, thesetwo high-level objectives are all that is required however a third objective, Custom, is provided for fine grained control and advanced convergence studies. Thehigh-level objective is now listed in the project tree as well as the results summary dialog.
Default contact conditionsnow in Connection workbench - Contact conditions (bonded, sliding, separating, disabled) can now be defined in the connection workbench and will be used across all appropriate design study analyses. Contact conditions may still be defined within an individual analysis workbenchand in this casewill override the default settings
Strain energy density - New result type now available.
Datum points - A datum point isa reference location from which subsequent results queries can be taken.Datum points sets can now be defined using the new Assembly workbench toolbar command. XYZ locations are imported from an external comma separated values (CSV) file. Datum point sets can be selected during post-processing in the Pick infodialog and are available forstatic, thermal and dynamic analyses
- Enhanced solution adaption - Solution adaption has beenimproved. Changes in solution settings will now invalidate but not remove prior results. Invalidated results, marked in red, may still be displayed and can now be compared to results with different solution settings. To compare results: run analysis 1, copy analysis 1 to analysis 2, change solution settings, run analysis 2, compareresults for analysis 1 and 2.
- Remote load initial location - The initial remote load location now defaults to the center of gravity of the selected faces. For example, the center of a cylindrical face. The point can then be dragged or edited on the dialog to offset it in the desired direction.
- XY Descriptions - Log and natural log Y axis scaling now available in frequency and random response analysis Descriptions. Description range limits now available on all Descriptions.
- Review part connections - Now supports multiple part selection.
- Save part as STL - Individual parts may now be saved as STL.
- Improved virtual connector visibility - Virtual connectors (bushings, pins, remote supports, etc.) are now only visible when selected in the project tree. This now matches the methods used for regular connections.
- Connection tolerances - Connection tolerances have been improved. This should reduce the number of connections found on individual part faces.
- RMS stress contour - This is calculated for the entire frequency range.
- Save results to CSV - A Save to CSVbutton has been added to Pick info, Reaction forcesand Modal participation factorsdialogs.Dynamic analyses (time, frequency and random) are not supported at this time.
- Silent install - Installation can now be done from the command line. This is intended to centralize remote management and better support large installations. Command line syntax is: Simsolid-setup.exe /S /D=where /Sindicates silent install and /Ddefines the installation folder. Note that /Dmust be the last parameter on the command line and the string must not contain quotes even if the path contains blank spaces.Also note that allcommand line options are case-sensitive,so /Swill work, but /swon't.
- Removed - The results right mouse button option, Refine results on a face, has been removed. The purpose of this functionwas to add additional result contour sampling locationson thin walled structures. However, it did not work satisfactorily on other geometries.We are working to automate this functionality in the future
- Fixed-Issue where seam weldscreated in dialog were not saved properly in project tree and graphics display.
- Fixed-Issue creating contact conditions for user defined bolts.- Fixed-Issue relating to bolt reaction forces.
- Fixed-Issue with frequency response when partial frequency range was specified.
- Fixed-Issue when editing seam weld section properties.
- Fixed-Crashes during part reaction forces review.
- Fixed-Issue with inertia relief.
- Fixed-Large number of decimal places now supported for Seam weld section size.
- Fixed-Issue computing reaction forces for virtual connections.
- Fixed-Issue with evaluating dynamic response for partial frequency range.
- Fixed-Issue updating contact conditions for parts changed from general to bolt.
- Fixed-Issue with length units in XY graphs.
- Fixed-Issue with part reaction force signs has been fixed.
- Fixed-Issue with units in dynamic loads using base excitation.
- Fixed-Issue imported multiple CAD files at same time.Previously SimSolid would stop on import error in any file. Now import continues for unread files.
- Fixed-Issue creating seam welds from lines.
- Fixed-Several issues related to response mesh creation.
- Fixed-Issue running modal analyses with pin joints.
- Fixed-Pickinfo on safety factorcontour Description is not applicable and has been disabled.
- Fixed-Issue running analysis with project solution settings from existing SSP files
SimSolid is structural analysis software developed specifically for upfront assessment. It eliminates geometry simplification and meshing, the two most time consuming and expertise extensive tasks done in traditional FEA.
Moreover, SimSolid can analyze complex parts and large assemblies not practical with traditional FEA and do it efficiently on a desktop class computer. Both fast and accurate, SimSolid controls solution accuracy using a unique multi-pass adaptive analysis.
In Altair SimSolid, virtual connectors can be applied in cases where the corresponding connecting parts are missing in the model.
Altair transforms design and decision making by applying simulation, machine learning and optimization throughout product lifecycles. Our broad portfolio of simulation technology and patented units-based software licensing model enable Simulation-Driven Innovation for our customers. With more than 2,000 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 71 offices throughout 24 countries. Altair serves more than 5,000 customers across broad industry segments.
Product: Altair SimSolid
Version: 2019.4.0 Build 59
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC *
Supported Operating Systems: *
Size: 402.7 mb
- Intel I7 based computer; 4-cores (8-threads);
- 16 GB of memory;
- OpenGL compatible graphics card
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 (64-bit only)
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction